Sunday, January 13, 2013

creation

"Men must live and create. Live to the point of tears." 
-Albert Camus



I need to retrieve my film camera from a friend. I miss shooting. It was once the thing that made me feel most alive, and I don't really do the whole "New Year's Resolutions" thing, but if I did, mine would definitely be to fall back in love with my cameras. I'll probably continue to post a lot of my own photography from over the years as this blog goes, but here are a few that are from within the last year and a month, or so:

Rockaway, NY, 2012

Montauk, NY, 2012

Camp Bisco, NY, 2012

East(?) Hampton, NY, 2012

Uniondale, New York, 2011

Camp Bisco, New York, 2012

New York, NY, 2011

Mahwah, NJ, 2011

Rockaway, NY, 2012

Mahwah, NJ, 2011

Camp Bisco, NY, 2012

Brooklyn, NY, 2012

Montauk, NY, 2012

Rockaway, New York, 2012

Rockaway, New York, 2012

Much more to come on this subject, stay tuned. 

I've also gotten really into collaging lately - there's something therapeutic about it. It's good alone time, music listening time, creative time. There's something poetic about it if you'll bear with the vaguely philosophical thought to follow: you take something that was produced a certain way, dismantle it, and rearrange it. You put things back together the way that you feel they best communicate something. Somewhere in there is something profound...I think. It's sort of the way I try to approach life and the world; take what the universe has given you with gratitude, but arrange it and deal with it in a way that feels truly you. If that makes any sense in english. Either way, here are some of the ones I've been working on, forgive the poor quality iPhone photos:


Get off your butts and go create something - it's what Sundays were invented for.

xx Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment